It’s a worrying time for us all but particularly so if you have a business to run. Here are a few tips to help with your PR during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Contact your clients, past and present. Let them know how you can help them within the confines of the health advice. (Online workshops, sessions, calls etc).
- Social media – let people know your updates…are you open, what changes are you making to the business?
- Let people know what you can do to help – if you’re in IT, you could help with setting up video conferencing etc for example.
- If you’re helping out in the community through your business, share it on your socials, plus let relevant news outlets know – these are the sort of stories they are looking for…how we’re all pulling together, unusual acts of kindness etc.
- Use your socials to give help and advice – health, wellbeing, exercise, HR queries, financial help etc.
- Blog – write a blog to give info to people that may be useful.
- Listen to the radio – call in, if you can, to give expert opinion where relevant. Share this with your audience so they know you’re an expert and your opinion is valued.
- Use Twitter to see if journalists need your help – they are writing about other things at the moment and many we’ve spoken to actually want something different to COVID19! These are the hashtags they use: #journorequest & #prrequest
Above all, look after yourself and each other! The worrying news and isolation can take a toll on mental health.
If you’re working from home, try to have a break from the rolling news updates.
Take time to get some fresh air every day, while still following the official advice on social distancing.
Join Facebook groups relevant to your industry.
Join in conversations and offer support and advice to your peers, colleagues and contacts where you can.
We’re all in this together!