How did you get on with Dry January? Maybe the start of this year after everything that went on last year wasn’t the time to be depriving ourselves of what little pleasures we are allowed to enjoy!
But don’t let all those good intentions go to waste. Why not channel them into something productive that will do wonders for your business and give you that lovely smug feeling you only get from ticking lots of long overdue actions off your to-do list?
This is the perfect time to sort your social media, give your website the once over and bash out some blogs. Take a look through our checklist of tasks:
- Refresh your website
- Are all your contact details up to date?
- Check the links – do they all work and land where they are supposed to? Nothing sends a potential customer to your competitors faster than broken links!
- Do your social media icons take you to your social media – we come across so many that don’t and it’s such a simple check to make!
- Do you have case studies of some of your latest work? It helps demonstrate to potential clients what you’re capable of.
- Does it generally need jazzing up? Now could be a good time to consider having a full refresh of your design and text.
- Check your social media profiles
- Ensure all your profiles are complete and that your description of yourself and your business is still accurate. This is particularly important for LinkedIn, where it’s vital to portray a polished, professional image.
- Is it time to (begrudgingly, perhaps!) replace your 10-year-old profile picture?!
- Is the branding, design and colour scheme consistent across all your profiles?
- Are your social media channels working for you or is it time to consider using new ones? For example, Twitter is great for commenting on news and connecting with journalists and Instagram is perfect for those with a visual or product-based business. TikTok is particularly useful for reaching younger audiences, which leads us nicely onto…
- Lights, camera, ACTION
- Try creating video content. Even if it’s just a 1-minute video sharing a great tip, advice, or just showing you in action, it’s a more personal way to connect with your audience and get your personality across.
- You can post videos on YouTube or Facebook but TikTok is particularly good for sharing fun, bite-sized clips and they needn’t be long. Some of the most entertaining or inspiring clips last just a few seconds.
- Find more followers and groups
- Take a look at the ‘who to follow’ recommendations on your social media channels to see if there are some useful connections you can make. You could also check out who others in your industry follow.
- There are numerous networking and industry groups on Facebook and LinkedIn, full of like-minded people looking to collaborate, do business, or simply help each other out. Take a few moments to see which ones could be beneficial for you and join them.
- Start or update your blog
- Don’t know what to blog about? Think of your FAQs – the questions you are asked all the time by clients or customers. Now simply answer each one in detail and – voila – you have a ready to go supply of blog posts!
- Already blogging but stuck for ideas? Think of useful advice you could give your audience – tricks of your trade that are obvious to you but could provide a lightbulb moment for them!
And there you have it – if you plan some time in each week or month to give your digital presence and content some thought, you will find you have plenty of ideas.
If you still don’t have time – ask us for some help…it’s what we do!